Stop the presses! This Disney film turned Tony-winning Broadway hit inspires everyone to fight for what's right and seize the day.
It's time to carry the banner on your stage with Disney's Newsies! Set in turn-of-the century New York City, Newsies is the rousing tale of Jack Kelly, a charismatic newsboy and leader of a band of teenaged "newsies." When titans of publishing raise distribution prices at the newsboys’ expense, Jack rallies newsies from across the city to strike against the unfair conditions and fight for what's right!
Based on the 1992 motion picture and inspired by a true story, Newsies features a Tony Award-winning score by Alan Menken (Little Shop of Horrors, Sister Act) and Jack Feldman and a book by Tony Award winner Harvey Fierstein (Kinky Boots). Featuring the now classic songs “Carrying the Banner,” “Seize the Day,” and “Santa Fe,” Newsies is packed with non-stop thrills and a timeless message, perfect for the whole family and every audience.
Fridays and Saturdays at 7:00pm Saturdays and Sundays at 2:00pm
$18 General Admission, $13 Seniors/Students/Military
Due to changes in the rights policies we can no longer offer viewing of one of recorded shows online
Director, Music Director: Rebecca Kotraba
Choreographer: Kristin Rigsby
Stage Manager: Roger Paradis
Technical Director: Jerry George
Producer: Jenna Jones Paradis
How can we present a show during COVID safety restrictions?
WACA Center for the Arts is a converted building that started as the four room school house, Dorsey Elementary, in the 1950's. It has served other county agencies with WACA obtaining use in January 2017 thanks to former Speaker of the House Mike Busch. Made of solid brick WACA has large windows and features a men's and womens restroom, two kitchens and controlled access. Our theater space is a general space that is arranged as blackbox theater uniquely set up for each show. Risers are brought up from our basement to create elevated seating and the number of audience can be anywhere from 1-65.
Due to the unique nature of our buiilding and seating set up we are able to present the production with limited audience seating.
1. Audience MUST wear face masks or face shields
2. Performers may be wearing Face Shields or masks (as required per CDC and local health departments)
3. All who enter center will have their tempertaure taken with a no contact forhead therometer
4. All who enter must review posted symptom list and sign in that they are symptom free
5. If you develop symptoms prior to the performance please DO NOT attend - we will give you a credit for a future show or performance
6. All who enter will be required to use hand sanitizer or uttilize one of our hand washing stations before passing checkin area
7. Anyone who develops symptoms will be brought to our comfortable quartentine area until all others have vacated the building
Thomas Peisinger Jack Kelly
Abigail Cassarino Katherine Pulitzer
Jordan Tai Fuhrman Davey
Emma Brady Crutchie
Aden Schmall Pulitzer
Delaney Parker Les
Paige Spriggs Hedda
Lauren Meade Spot Condon , Mr. Jacobi, Ensemble
Benjamin Seghetti Seitz, Policeman,
Myles Taylor Race
Evelyn Grove Snyder, Bowery Beauty, Roosevelt
Tatum France-Kelly Romeo, Bunsen
Virginia Marzorati Specs, Bowery Beauty, Nunzio
Sha’riayha Parker Hannah,Stage Manager, Nun
MJ Newell Finch, Bowery Beauty
Xander Young Wisel, Brooklyn Newsie
Kaylee Renfro Buttons, Bowery Beauty, Ensemble
Walter Pruski Mush, ensemble
Quinn Kilmurry Oscar Delany, Bowery Beauty, ensemble
Sean Adame Henry, Ensemble
Emmanuel JoJo, ensemble